This committee welcomes and invites the church and community members to actively participate in church life. This may be in part through the welcoming new members, sharing our altar flowers, celebrating baptisms, to welcoming folks to worship with us.
The basic purposes of this committee:
• Deepening the faith and activity of the congregation membership
• Sharing the Gospel with the unchurched
The Evangelism Committee will:
• Establish an atmosphere of friendliness.
• Promote evangelism.
• Encourage prayer in church and in homes.
• Maintain a lay visitation program.
• Direct evangelism outreach.
• Utilize the evangelism potential of communication media.
• Emphasize child and youth evangelism.
• Encourage members to make new people in their neighborhoods aware of Grace.
• Be responsible for follow-up of visitors and guests.
• Recognize members moving away from our church family.
• Be responsible for the reception, orientation, and integration of new members.
• Prepare a spending plan for the coming year’s ministry efforts.
Work the Evangelism Committee is been involved
• Continuing to work on hospitality within our congregation for all services/events
• Promoting Christmas and Easter worship services to members & community.
• Supervising the video taping of one of our Sunday worship services
• Arranging for a cable broadcast on local channel 182 through MHTC
• Having one of our team on the city DTV committee which oversees provision of cable television production
• Maintaining/updating an informational brochure about Grace Church
• Supporting the new member ministry and guest/visitor follow up program
• Promoting and maintenance of the Community Garden near Culver's
• Supporting the card ministry for our sick and shut-ins.
• Communication with radio station D99.3 on the airing of the 8 AM service
• Ordering and stocking devotional booklets for members and guests
• Arranging information on the kiosk for best visibility
• Maintaining a committee bulletin board in the Gathering Area
Grace Lutheran worship service is on TV
on the local MHTC channel 182 & Charter Cable channel 97 and airs on the following Monday at 7 pm, on Wednesday at 10:00 am and the following Sunday evening at 7 pm.
Our 8:00 AM Sunday Worship Service can be heard on radio station WDMP 99.3. This is a live broadcast each Sunday.