Service Ministry Committee Update
August 31, 2015
Leslie Jensen’s – 6:00 PM
Members present: Gerry Gilmour, Leslie Jensen, Janice Neil, Danette Tessman, Donna Menke and guests; Pastor Mark and family, Rick Jensen
- The 3rd Quarterly Food Drive totaled 253 lbs of donations that were delivered to the Iowa County Food Pantry/Social Services.
- The total for the on-going Schwan’s Food Sales Campaign has reached over $600 and our current campaign will be ending in mid-September. Our new campaign will begin on September 20th, using the same Grace #14089, with more information to follow in Grace Notes and Back of the Bulletin . This fundraiser benefits FMSC.
- Discussed the Welcome Boxes for potential immigrant use for the God’s Work, Our Hands project and our committee divided the supplies for the Kitchen Box #1
- The Second Harvest Mobile Food Pantry at St Anthony and Philip Church in Highland (4-6:30) will be held September 28th. Volunteers are always needed and welcomed.
- A Certificate of Appreciation for our participation in The ELCA Malaria Campaign was received and will be posted on the bulletin board.
- A sign has been placed in the Fair Trade display area to help identify the location.
- The Giving Tree ornament was presented and production will proceed.
- Service Ministry will have Back of the Bulletin for September 20th
- The Red Cross Blood Drive will be held at Grace on October 30th with more information to follow. Volunteers to assist and donations of food will be requested…as well as faithful donors.
Next meeting: October 5 at Janice Neil’s home